Developing existing & emerging leaders for global manufacturer, HellermannTyton
With a vision to continually develop their people, HellermannTyton appointed RightTrack Learning as their people development partner to design and deliver learning solutions aligned with their people strategy.
Having started with a project to build awareness of Diversity and Inclusion across UK operations, we expanded learning opportunities for staff by launching a modular Team Leader development programme comprising:
- Bespoke content aligned to HellermannTyton’s objectives
- 7 interactive, in-person modules
- Practical work-based assignments to support transfer of learning
- Institute of Leadership accreditation and certificates for added credibility
- And, 4 employees being promoted to Team Leader following the training!
HellermannTyton is a respected organisation in their field, developing solutions for cable management requirements. They are a leading, global manufacturer and supplier of products for fastening, fixing, identifying and protecting cables and their connecting components.
The organisation faced a challenge common to many other companies who come to us for management & leadership development: talented people being promoted for demonstrating excellence in the context of their roles, but without any formal training finding the people management aspects of their new roles a challenge.
HellermannTyon chose to invest in a comprehensive development programme to raise self-awareness, build confidence and upskill existing and emerging leaders.
Russell Bartram, HR Business Partner at HellermannTyton said:
“What I really like about RightTrack is that they provide bespoke training which is not off-the-shelf. They will sit down, find out exactly what your needs are and bespoke the training to your needs. All the feedback has been positive throughout and the team gelled with the trainer extremely well. Four of our developing Team Leaders, since they have done the training, have actually been promoted to Team Leaders and have been given a team of their own.”
Our Management & Leadership development specialists designed ‘The Modular Management Team Leader Development Programme’ which was a tailor-made, Institute of Leadership accredited, 7-module programme supported by practical work-based assignments to support the transfer of learning from the training room to the workplace. By the end 100% participants said they would recommend the experience to others.
- Leading Yourself as a Team Leader – What is my role as a team leader and how can I interact with others more effectively?
- Collaborative Communication – How do I communicate effectively with others and influence outcomes?
- Relationship Building – How do I develop strong relationships internally and externally?
- Team Building – How do I motivate the team to get the best from them?
- Conflict Management – How do I work with the team to minimise conflict and what to do should conflict occur?
- Conscious Inclusion – How do I role model inclusive behaviours?
- Customer Service – How does the quality of the team’s work impact the end user? How do I improve the quality of internal customer service?