Maybourne Hotel Group – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Maybourne Hotel Group owns and manages three world-renowned luxury, London-based hotels: Claridges, The Connaught and The Berkeley. They pride themselves on impeccable service and sought a training provider with a reputation for quality and results.
The Group came to us with clear learning outcomes in mind; their managers not only needed to be Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) savvy, they needed to be confident to deal with EDI related issues as and when they arose.
We first started working at Claridges in 2015 after which the training expanded out to managers and leaders group-wide. Since then we have customised the training for Concierge, Sales, Guest Relations, Housekeeping, Gym, Reservations and Marketing.
The initial 1-day programme we designed focussed on providing managers with practical knowledge, skills and awareness to enable them to successfully manage EDI across their own area of operation.
The Learning Objectives for the programme are:
- Appreciate what diversity and inclusion means in the context of Maybourne Hotel Group
- Understand a manager’s role in championing and role modelling diversity and inclusion
- Explore how to build a culture of respect within their own teams
- Know how to identify and constructively challenge inappropriate behaviours and how to deal with discrimination and harassment effectively
- Understand current legislation (The Equality Act 2010) in the context of their role
- Be prepared to adopt a proactive role in promoting and encouraging diversity and inclusion
The programme is participative in design and constructed around sector and issue specific case studies to engage and inspire.
84% of delegates said that their level of knowledge and skill had increased as a result of attending this programme
100% of delegates understood what they have learned and are able to apply it to their roles
100% of delegates said they would recommend this programme to others
For a chat about how we can help with your in-house training requirements, contact us.