Keeping on top of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) is really important for any business, no matter how big or small. Not only will it help protect the organisation from the threat of costly employment tribunals, it will help you to maximise on the many benefits of a harmonious, diverse and inclusion-savvy workforce.
This Health Check has been created by our specialists to help you identify which areas of ED&I are a top priority for your organisation. There are just 20 questions. Once you press submit, at the bottom of the page, you will immediately receive your results on screen; scores are stored anonymously. This tool is here to help you and we’d love for you to get the most from it so if you have any questions, just give us a call: +44 (0)121 222 7313.
1. Approximately what percentage of women make up your Board of Directors?
2. How many more job applications than Emily, Brendan and Joe, does Lakisha, Mohammed and Li Wei have to submit, before being called back for an interview?
3. In 2016 the gender pay gap for full time employees in the private sector was 16.6% and 11.3% in the public sector. How does your organisation compare:
4. Your managers are aware of the impact unconscious bias can have on decision making.
5. Has your organisation been involved in an employment tribunal in the last 3 years?
6. On a scale of 1-10, how confident are your customer-facing staff to make ‘reasonable adjustments’ for disabled customers?
7. Have your staff had equality, diversity & inclusion training in the last 18 months?
8. Does workplace ‘banter’ ever go too far?
9. How confident are staff to challenge inappropriate behaviour or language?
10. Your organisation has ED&I policies that are in place, understood and followed by all.
11. Does your organisation have a process to routinely equality assess your policies as they are created or revised?
12. Are managers assessed on their contribution to supporting diverse teams as part of their performance review?
13. Does your Equality & Diversity policy specifically address gender identity and transitioning in the workplace.
14. Do you know what your obligations are regarding the religious and cultural requirements of staff and customers?
15. Do you have any legal obligations to put measures in place to combat workplace stress?
16. Do those in leadership roles embrace the business benefits of a diverse and inclusive workforce or view ED&I as an HR, compliance or tick-box exercise?
17. Would your managers know how to support appropriately a transgender colleague or customer?
18. Are your managers trained to recognise and appropriately deal with potential mental health issues within their teams?
19. Are your managers aware of legal and good practice requirements to support staff and customers who are breastfeeding?
20. On a scale of 1-10 how confident are managers to deal with inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.