Diversity & Inclusion strategy for senior teams
- Face-to-face (for <15 people)
- Live virtual (for <15 people)
- Conferences and events (<500 people)
- With or without actors
- Fully customisable
Diversity & Inclusion Strategy Workshop
Senior leaders are responsible for creating a strategy and leading practices that actively promote equality and diversity, and develop an organisational culture of inclusivity and respect. This diversity and inclusion strategy workshop will help leaders reflect on the subject as a whole, consider what your organisation is doing well, and where there are opportunities to more fully embrace the diversity of your workforce.
Ideally, this masterclass is delivered over 2 x 2 hour modules with an additional 1-hour focused solely on action planning, however, we appreciate that sometimes an abridged session is required for senior teams. To make best use of time, we recommend the programme is customised for your organisation and delivered in the context of your culture, strategy, demographics, values, processes, successes and challenges.
The legal framework
Ensuring directors are aware of their legal duty and obligations in the context of your sector.
The business benefits
We look at some interesting examples of best-practice and share the data that has made implementing an equality, diversity and inclusion strategy hard to ignore, for example:
- A study by McKinsey & Co. found that returns on equity for companies ranking in the top quartile of executive-board diversity were 53% higher, on average, than they were for those in the bottom quartile
- There is evidence that companies in the top quartile for racial and ethnic diversity are 35% more likely to outperform competitors
- Furthermore, it’s been reported that diverse organisations can expect to see: 39% higher customer satisfaction; 27% higher profitability; 22% greater productivity
But what is currently promoting, and blocking, diversity and inclusion in your organisation?
Before the event, the group is invited to complete on-line Implicit Association tests around prominent Unconscious Bias factors. We explore different types of bias, unconscious bias hotspots, examples of micro-inequities and where senior leadership might be influencing decisions (for the best or worst) without even realising it.
We take some time to dissect your data – general employee demographics, leadership specific demographics, employee engagement, compensation by gender (or whatever is pre-agreed) – to identify where your business may be impeded through embedded biases within the business culture.
Inclusive leadership is a hot topic; creating high-performing teams by leveraging the potential of every member of your organisation. This approach has the proven potential to improve performance and innovation, create a competitive edge, attract and retain talented people with diversity of thought, creativity and innovative ideas and breed a culture of inclusion. Of employees that work with inclusive leaders there is:
- 81% improved performance and productivity
- 84% increased motivation
- 86% increased innovation and creativity
- 81% greater engagement and loyalty
We invite the team to complete an inclusive leadership questionnaire and explore four different aspects of inclusive leadership: My World, My Development, My Actions, My Confidence.
- What will you personally commit to doing differently?
- Can you do more to understand your personal biases?
- What strategies could you implement to mitigate the impact of unconscious bias?
- How often do you welcome feedback?
- Reflect on the diversity of the people you spend time the most time with
- How might you balance conscious inclusivity with making urgent and imperative decisions?
- How often do you have (or ignore) courageous conversations?
- Do you role model inclusive behaviour, always?
- What will you commit to doing differently as a leadership team?
- How could you cascade the learning to other tiers of the organisation?
- What next steps can be taken on an organisation level to better embrace diversity and champion inclusion?
We’re advocates of crafting tailormade solutions that ensure you meet objectives and maximise budgets. Contact us to book a meeting to scope the right solution for your organisation, together.
What About Actors?
Through clever script writing, goose-bump inducing delivery and professional facilitation we can bring so much to life. We stimulate emotion, penetrate the long-term memory and create lasting change.
When we use live drama, we are able to have the actors play out the scenario and then be hot seated for the audience to ask them questions whilst they remain in character. Hot seating works so well because actors work with a pre-rehearsed backstory, so they are able to respond in character. They progressively reveal unexpected elements of their story that will not have previously been told. It can bust assumptions that the audience might have made based on the scenario (situation) but not fully understanding the impact at first sight.
Using actors in this programme enables us to bring to:
- Bring both the subtle, and not so subtle, inappropriate behaviours to life, literally
- Provide attendees with an opportunity to explore the fine line between what is and isn’t acceptable
- Give attendees a chance to challenge the actors whilst they are still in character
- Demonstrate that things aren’t always what they seem at first glance
- Provide delegates with an opportunity to test out alternative ways of approaching what can often be sensitive situations
- Create a goosebump-inducing learning experience that sticks in the long-term memory
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
Mark CanningSenior Manager, AX
“I’ve just completed another great training session with RightTrack learning. I just wanted to say how adaptive Steve, our facilitator was today, to allow us to spend the last hour on a real-life subject, that allowed the course attendees to collaborate and practice what they had just learned. Well done Steve!”WATCH ALL TESTIMONIALS