Inclusive Leadership Training
- Face-to-face (flexible structure <15 people)
- Live virtual (flexible structure <15 people)
- Conferences and events (<500 people)
- Webinar (1hr introduction <1000 people)
- With or without actors
- Fully customisable
Inclusive Leadership Training
As organisations work harder to increase and embrace diversity, and nurture truly inclusive workplaces, the significance of Inclusive Leadership has never been more important…
Available as a one-off programme, or as part of a comprehensive modular approach, our inclusive leadership courses balance formal learning with time for self-awareness, reflection and action planning to improve culture, relationships and decision-making at every level of the organisation.
Part 1 – An Organisational View
Presenting stats and facts
Using a combination of recent data from outside and inside of the organisation, if available, we explore why inclusive leadership is an imperative in the modern workplace.
A facilitated discussion focused on the current culture in your organisation and your vision for the future. Questions will be tailored to align with the seniority of the group and strategic objectives.
- What is currently promoting, and blocking, diversity and inclusion in your organisation?
- Is everyone’s vision for diversity and inclusion aligned?
- Where is the strategy working and what needs to be reviewed / changed / introduced / maximised etc.
- What behaviours are required to build the desired culture?
- To what extent are these behaviours role-modelled now?
- How are people held accountable for their behaviour?
- What do we need to do next as leaders to build a more inclusive culture?
- How will we measure success?
Part 2 – A Personal View
Through a mixture of formal input, group discussion and self-reflection activities, we lead delegates through four different aspects of Inclusive Leadership: My World, My Development, My Actions, My Confidence. Leaders are given a practical action planning workbook to document personal priorities as they work though the course.
Optional – Group progress reviews & one-to-one coaching
Often organisations benefit from a series of short, facilitated follow-up sessions to support leaders to drive change.
Executive coaching is also available for those who would benefit from regular check-ins with a coach to help implement the action plan they have shaped over the course of the programme.
- I recognise the diversity profile of the people I spend most time with and how this might impact my
- I pro-actively seek out opportunities that will expose me to different opinions and cultures
- I have the right processes in place to support conscious inclusion
- My goals with regards to diversity and inclusion align with those of the organisation
- I spend time with other people for whom inclusion is a priority
- I have taken steps to uncover my unconscious biases and have robust strategies to mitigate the impact they have on decision-making and working relationships
- I practice mindfulness as a way of maintaining my awareness of the times I act without conscious thought
- I regularly ask for feedback and take time to reflect on what I am told
- I have strategies in place to ensure important decisions are consciously inclusive
- I am consciously inclusive even when under pressure
- I am a good role model
- I talk about diversity and inclusion with my team and colleagues
- I make time to get to know people where I can rather than rely on assumptions
- I am confident to speak out against exclusion and inequities in a constructive way, to anyone
- I am confident to ask questions when I do not know
- I am not fearful of showing vulnerability
- I am comfortable receiving feedback
- I am able to listen to other people’s opinions with curiosity, even if they are different to my own
Looking for Something Different?
How we arrive at the core learning depends on which road you want to take, how many people are on the journey and your reasons for embarking in the first place. Drop us a note with your availability for a call and together, we can create a roadmap to your next Diversity & Inclusion milestone.
What About Actors?
Through clever script writing, goose-bump inducing delivery and professional facilitation we can bring so much to life. We stimulate emotion, penetrate the long-term memory and create lasting change.
When we use live drama, we are able to have the actors play out the scenario and then be hot seated for the audience to ask them questions whilst they remain in character. Hot seating works so well because actors work with a pre-rehearsed backstory, so they are able to respond in character. They progressively reveal unexpected elements of their story that will not have previously been told. It can bust assumptions that the audience might have made based on the scenario (situation) but not fully understanding the impact at first sight.
Using actors in this programme enables us to bring to:
- Bring both the subtle, and not so subtle, inappropriate behaviours to life, literally
- Provide attendees with an opportunity to explore the fine line between what is and isn’t acceptable
- Give attendees a chance to challenge the actors whilst they are still in character
- Demonstrate that things aren’t always what they seem at first glance
- Provide delegates with an opportunity to test out alternative ways of approaching what can often be sensitive situations
- Create a goosebump-inducing learning experience that sticks in the long-term memory
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
Steve MalloySenior Manager, AX Automotive
“Every single session, we turn up and look around the room thinking everyone knows it all and by the end of it, we’re taking some really interesting and helpful management styles and tips away to use in our business. It’s been hugely helpful and would hugely recommend it!”WATCH ALL TESTIMONIALS